Tanzania’s National Parks and Game Reserves are home to an incredible variety of wildlife, flora and even cultures. There’s the Serengeti where you can enjoy the annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra; the Ngorongoro Crater; Gombe Steam Reserve where Jane Goodall studied chimpanzees; Selous and Ruaha soon to be Africa’s largest national park.
Tanzania’s Best Places to Visit – Top Attractions in Tanzania
Tanzania’s top destinations. The best destinations in Tanzania include the Serengeti, Selous, Ngorongoro, and Udzungwa National Parks and Conservation areas. The World Heritage site of Stone Town in Zanzibar, the beaches of Mnemba Island and Lake Tanganyika. And of course Africa’s tallest mountain, Kilimanjaro.
When you travel to Tanzania, the best places to visit and enjoy a safari include Katavi, Selous, Ruaha, Tarangire and Ngorongoro. Of course, there’s also the Serengeti where you can witness the great annual migration of millions of wildebeest. Some of the best beaches on earth can be found in the Zanzibar archipelago, and Mafia Island is equally idyllic. For more action, you can hike up Africa’s tallest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro. Other incredible mountains include Mahale, where you can visit the largest remaining population of chimpanzees in the wild.
Explore all Tanzania’s best destinations below
By alphabet – This list contains Tanzania’s major national parks and game reserves,-
- Arusha National Park:- Classic safari, hiking, several antelope species and black-and-white colobus
- Gombe National Park:- Chimpanzee tracking, other primate species are present
- Katavi National Park:- Classic safari, 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino), abundant wildlife in the dry season
- Lake Manyara:- NP Classic safari, 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino), big cats difficult to spot
- Mahale Mountains:- NP Chimpanzee tracking, several major safari animals present but rarely seen
- Mikumi National Park:- Walking and classic safari, 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino), predators rarely seen
- Mkomazi National Park:- Classic safari, Big 5 present but difficult to spot, wildlife thinly populated
- Ngorongoro Crater:- Classic safari, abundant wildlife in the volcanic crater includes the Big 5
- Ruaha National Park:- Walking and classic safari, 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino), cheetah and wild dogs
- Saadani National Park:- Walking, boat and classic safari, beach and bush, wildlife is thinly populated
- Selous Game Reserve:- Walking, boat and classic safari, Big 5 present, healthy population of wild dogs
- Serengeti National Park:- Classic safari, Big 5 present (rhino rare), many big cats, wildebeest migration
- Tarangire National Park:- Classic safari, 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino), abundant wildlife in the dry season